Danielle and I are thrilled to share that as of April,…
we’re officially Missionaries with Iris Global!
What this means to us
For us, joining Iris Global represents joining our family and friends in the pursuit, and ministry of, Jesus across the world. As we’ve watched the Lord connect-the-dots over the years, we believe this to be part of a divine strategy unfolding before us, directly impacting what we do here in Japan.
We’re looking forward to building relationships with and learning from the wonderful people that make up the organization.
Iris Global’s Core Values
I’ve never connected with a set of core values more so.
1. We understand that we can find God, and can experience intimacy, communication and companionship with Him in His Presence, if we share His love for righteousness.
2. We are totally dependent on Him for everything, and we need and expect miracles of all kinds to sustain us and confirm the Gospel in our ministry.
3. We look for revival among the broken, humble and lowly, and start at the bottom with ministry to the poor. God chooses the weak and despised things of the world to shame the proud, demonstrating His own strength and wisdom. Our direction is lower still.
4. We understand the value of suffering in the Christian life. Learning to love requires willingness to suffer for the sake of righteousness. Discipline and testing make saints out of us, and produce in us the holiness, without which we will not see God’s face and share His glory. With Paul we rejoice in our weaknesses, for when we are weak we are strong.
5. The joy of the Lord is not optional and far outweighs our suffering! In Jesus it becomes our motivation, reward and spiritual weapon. In His Presence is fullness of joy, and with Paul we testify that in all our troubles our joy knows no bounds (2 Cor. 7:4). It is our strength and energy, without which we die.
Rolland Baker’s book, “Keeping the Fire” goes deeper on these values, and is a wonderful read. Highly recommended.
More Iris Incoming
Two more couples with Iris are in process with their own moves to Japan. Though we won’t (immediately?) be in the same area, we’re excitedly anticipating their arrival (You guys know who you are! Love and praying for you guys to get here!) and hope to coordinate efforts across the country.
New Support Option
With our joining Iris Global, we’re for the first time able to accept tax-deductible donations. Currently, Danielle and I are paying our own way to live and learn the language here in Japan, setting the foundation for our ministry. Though Japan is one of the most expensive places in the world to live, we’re happy to invest what we have into the calling the Lord gave us here.
That said, if you’re interested in helping to support us,
visit our support page here!
All donations currently go directly to the cost of our 2 year enrollment in language school.
|Books (estimated based on prior semesters)||$577.50||61,600円|
|Missionary tuition discount||-$7,650.00||-816,000円|
*YMCA, Practical Japanese Course – Fees and Tuition
If you’d like to help, but are financially unable, please don’t! There are other ways to support us that are just as, if not more important. Please consider joining our prayer team! Encouraging words, or a happy instant message/email are great, too! 😀
Thank you for celebrating our fun news with us. We appreciate the kind words and support so much. Praying that you all stay safe (and sane) as we get through these difficult times.
Cody and Danielle